BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday 13 November 2011

Market Research - Horror Movie Questionnaire

Over the half term, I conducted a survey which consisted of questions which would then be beneficial to me when it comes to making my final trailer, as I would then be able to take the results from this survey into account.
The purpose of creating this questionnaire was so that I could find out more about which age range I will be targeting my trailer at, and how they feel whilst watching a horror movie, as well as what frightens them the most. Paul Well's theory illustrated that the younger generation are more harder to shock, as they are aware of artificiality.
I chose 10 questions which I believe are all necessary for my research, and these questions are presented below.


1) What gender are you?
  • Male 
  • Female
2) How old are you?
  • 10 - 15 years old
  • 16 - 20 years old
  • 21 - 25 years old
  • 26 - 30 years old
  • 30 +
3) How often do you watch a horror movie?
  • Every week
  • Every month
  • Every two months
  • Other (please specify)
4) How do horror movies make you feel?
  • Scared
  • Excited
  • Nervous
  • Anxious
  • Disgusted
  • Confused
  • Other (please specify)
5) Who do you like to watch a horror movie with?
  • Alone
  • Parents
  • Siblings
  • Friends
  • Partner
6) What kinds of settings frighten you the most in a horror movie?
  • A domestic setting
  • A haunted house
  • Forests
  • Isolated outdoor locations
  • Other (please specify)
7) Does a horror movie appeal more to you when its based on a real life event?
  • Yes
  • No
  • To an extent
8) Do gruesome aspects within a horror movie frighten you? (E.g. blood, gore, weapons etc)
  • Yes
  • No
  • To an extent 
9) What do you expect to see in a horror movie trailer?

10) When watching a horror movie trailer, do you prefer to discover the whole storyline? 
  • Yes
  • No 
  • To an extent 

0 comments: